Tomato, chorizo and parsley salad
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100g good quality chorizo picante (spicy) - peeled and sliced about1/2cm thick
- 500g various varieties (eg cherry & plum) of ripe tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 4 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- Small handful fresh parsley (stalks and leaves chopped)
- Juice of half a lemon
How to make
In a small frying pan heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil over a medium heat. Fry 100g sliced chorizo (agitating the pan) to develop a really deep colour (around 10 minutes).
Place 500g chopped tomatoes in a medium bowl with the red onion and a little salt and pepper. Drizzle with a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
When the chorizo has a good colour, turn the heat to low, add the garlic and cook briefly. Do not let it burn. Add the remaining 4 teaspoons of sherry vinegar and continue to cook for a minute.
Remove the pan from the heat, spoon the chorizo/ garlic mixture onto the tomato salad. Add the parsley and mix together. Dress with any remaining liquid. Add the juice of half a lemon. Season with salt and pepper if required.