Toasted bread salad with sumac
- 1 gem lettuce (trimmed and chopped)
- 3 tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1 carrot (peeled and finely sliced)
- 6 small radishes (trimmed and finely sliced)
- 1 red or green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 6 spring onions (trimmed and sliced)
- Small bunch flat leaf parsley (coarsely chopped)
- 2 flat breads, such as pitta bread (toasted and broken into bite-sized pieces)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons ground sumac
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make
Place all the chopped vegetables and salad, the toasted bread and the parsley in a bowl.
Combine 4 tablespoons of olive oil with 1 tablespoon of pomegranate molasses and the finely chopped garlic. Pour this over the salad.
Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of sumac over the top and season with salt and pepper. (Just before eating, toss the salad thoroughly to make sure the bread is coated in the dressing and sumac).