Panch phoran cauliflower with spinach
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons panch phoran
- 1 red onion (finely sliced)
- Thumb sized piece of ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon amchoor powder
- 1 head of cauliflower (broken into fleurettes)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 handfuls spinach
- Honey (optional)
How to make
In a large pan add 2 tablespoons of oil and the panch phoran. Fry until the seeds start to pop. Add the sliced onion and ginger.
As the onion is softening add the garlic and tomato puree. When combined add the cauliflower and coat with the mixture. Sprinkle in the amchoor and add 6 tablespoons of water. Cover the pan and steam the cauliflower. It can take about 15-20 minutes for the cauliflower to soften. Add 2 handfuls of spinach and mix together. Allow the spinach to wilt. Drizzle with a little honey (optional).