Orange and date salad with preserved lemon and pomegranate molasses
- 4 ripe, sweet oranges
- 175g moist, ready-to-eat Medjool dates
- 1 fresh green chilli (seeded and finely sliced)
- 1 preserved lemon (finely sliced)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
How to make
Peel the oranges, removing as much of the pith as possible. Place the oranges on a plate to catch the juice and finely slice them into circles, removing any pips. Arrange the oranges in a shallow dish and pour over any juice.
Slice the dates, lengthways, and remove the stones. Place them over the oranges and scatter the sliced chilli and preserved lemon over the top.
Drizzle the pomegranate molasses over the whole salad and leave to sit for about 20 minutes. Don’t toss at this stage as you want the dates to soften a little on top of the oranges and the flavours to mingle.
Gently toss the salad and scatter the mint over the top.