Kashmir Veg Recipe
- 1 large white potato
- 2 large carrots
- 1 whole butternut squash (peeled or unpeeled)
- 2 teaspoons Kashmiri chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons of Kashmiri Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger (peeled and finely chopped or grated)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 300g full fat natural yoghurt
- Small handful of coriander leaves (finely chopped)
How to make
Dice all vegetables into similar sized cubes. Remember to scoop the seeds out of the butternut squash. Place in a roasting tin.
In a bowl mash or blend together the Kashmiri chilli powder, ground cardamom, Kashmiri Masala, salt, ginger, garlic, juice of half a lemon, and two tablespoons of sunflower oil to form a paste.
Cover the vegetables in the paste and place in the fridge for around 30 minutes. Preheat your oven to 180c.
In a bowl mix the 300g of yoghurt and the finely chopped coriander. Place in the fridge until after the vegetables are cooked.
Roast in the oven for 50/55 Minutes. The edges of the vegetables should become caramelised.
Remove the cooked vegetables from the oven and drizzle the yoghurt dressing over the top and serve.