- 1 tablespoon rapeseed or sunflower oil
- ½ red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Sri Lankan curry powder
- 250g red lentils (washed and rinsed in cold water)
- 750ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon quark (optional)
How to make
In a medium saucepan add 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the finely chopped onion until soft. Add the garlic and fry until golden. Add the Sri Lankan curry powder and mix through.
Add 250g red lentils and 750ml of stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, skimming off any foam. Cook until the stock has been absorbed and the lentils are mushy. Add a tablespoon of quark (optional).