- 1 large cucumber (partially peeled)
- 500g thick, creamy yogurt (more if you want)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- Half a big bunch of fresh dill (finely chopped)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
How to make
Cut the cucumber in half lengthways and slice it finely. Place the slices in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Leave to weep for 5-10 minutes. Rinse the sliced cucumber, drain well and pat dry with a clean tea towel.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the yogurt with the garlic and most of the dill. Season well with salt and pepper and gently add in the sliced cucumber. Tip the salad into a serving bowl, drizzle a little olive oil over the top and garnish with the rest of the dill. Leave in the fridge until ready to serve.