Butternut squash and chicken salad with sesame dressing
- 4 teaspoons seven seas spice
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 200g skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon nam pla (fish sauce)
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon palm sugar
- ½ bird’s eye chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Thai holy basil leaves
- 200g bag butternut squash ‘spaghetti’ or spiralized butternut squash
- Small handful pine nuts (roasted)
- 1 medium red chilli (deseeded and sliced)
- A few fresh coriander leaves
How to make
In a medium sized bowl mix together the seven seas spice, a tablespoon of sunflower oil, the sea salt and a squeeze of lime juice. Add the chicken breasts and coat well. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
In a small bowl mix 2 teaspoons of sunflower oil, the sesame oil, fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, bird’s eye chilli and Thai holy basil leaves. Mix until the sugar has dissolved and set aside.
Remove the chicken from the fridge and place under a medium grill turning regularly until cooked through but still moist and tender. Wrap in tin foil, place on a plate and set to one side.
In a salad bowl place the shredded butternut squash and dress well with most of the sesame salad dressing. Arrange on a serving plate and sprinkle liberally with the pine nuts and sliced chilli. Take the warm chicken and slice evenly on the diagonal. Arrange the slices on the butternut squash and sprinkle with the coriander leaves. Dress the entire plate with the remaining sesame dressing and set aside.