- 150g fine-ground or ordinary bulgur (rinsed and drained)
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons zahtar
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Big bunch of mint (coarsely chopped)
- Small bunch of parsley (coarsely chopped)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Honey to drizzle
How to make
Place 150g bulgur in a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover. Leave to soak for 10-15 minutes until it has doubled in volume.
Meanwhile, place the drained tin of chickpeas in a bowl with the onion, 2 tablespoons zahtar and the garlic and bind with 4 tablespoons olive oil and the juice of 2 lemons.
Sieve and squeeze the bulgur to remove any excess water. Add the chickpea mix with the parsley and mint.
Toss well, season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle a little honey over the top.