- ¼ white cabbage (finely sliced)
- ¼ purple cabbage (finely sliced)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- Alternatively 250g pack of shredded coleslaw mix
- 2 spring onions (thinly sliced)
- 240g mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons cider vinegar – or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 2 level teaspoons celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
How to make
Make the coleslaw dressing by mixing together the mayonnaise, vinegar, (or lemon) black pepper, sugar (if using), and celery seeds.
Slice the white and purple cabbage, grate the carrot and place the shredded coleslaw mixture in a large bowl. Thinly slice the spring onions, add to the bowl and toss everything together. Pour over the coleslaw dressing and stir to combine thoroughly. Add salt to taste, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.